lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

Nick

I was in my exchange program in Minnesota with my sister Sarah. On a Friday night she asked me if I would like to go with her to Grace´s house (one of her friends). So I did; everything in that house was really big and fancy, I couldn’t believe all the art that had in it. There were these portraits in every corner with a special light that made them fancier and the hearth was all modern with family photos on top. I loved everything about this house but I couldn’t imagine myself living in something like that I guess my style is simpler. Sarah could tell that I was amaze about everything that was around me, so she just laughed and I did too.
We were heading to the basement and I start hearing a lot of voices. I thought it was only the three of us but it seemed like a big group down there, I got really nervous so I just tried to fix my hair a little and went down stairs. When we finally got to the basement all eyes were on us so that made me even more nervous. I tried to look for a familiar face but all were completely strangers and it was because most of them were seniors. There were like five guys and six girls, some of the guys were very good looking but I got so nervous that I didn’t know what to do until Sarah introduce me to break the silence. I felt a little more relive since everyone was being so nice and welcoming, most of them asked me to talk in Spanish or made me a lot of questions of how I like MN. I was starting to feel comfortable when a group of all good looking guys arrived, all of them senior. They all say hi and stayed together in a corner. It kind of felt like a party but it was different because everyone was speaking in groups while other were eating or playing a game. I went to grab something to it and that’s when I first saw him. His name was Nick; he was very tall, blonde hair with blue eyes. A typical American boy but he had something different that really got my attention. I couldn’t stop looking at him until I realize how creepy a looked staring at him so I just grabbed my food and walk away. I sat were Sarah was and we start talking when the group where nick was sat in front of us. I was eating this delicious pizza and I was starving but as soon as I saw him with all my strength I put the pizza away. A guys sitting next to Nick start talking to Sarah so I just sat there waiting for her to introduce me, and when she finally did and told them that I was from Guatemala all guys turn up on me and I’m pretty sure I blushed a little but I just said hi and Nick was the first one that talked to me.  I could tell that he was looking me a lot but I just thought it was me wishing so hard he did. After I while I could tell for sure that we both were looking at each other for little moments, it was awkward but very nice. After I while he came close from where I was sitting and he start asking me of my life back in my country and what did I like etc... I tried too hard to stayed focus but he was so handsome that it distracted me very easily. That night we spoke a lot and it was one of my best nights in MN. I steel remember it very well.  I was hoping we could see each other again. When Sarah told me that we were living we both got kind of sad I didn’t want to said goodbye. Sarah could tell that there was a connection between and that made me happy because maybe she would want to hang with him for me.
I saw him a couple of times more and every time I was happier but also I knew that I couldn’t get too excited because I was going back to Guatemala soon. So I just tried to enjoy every second, now sometime we still talk on Facebook but I know that he is a person that will remember forever even though a never get the chance to see him again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario